Shoei RYD – Gloss White
THIS WAS A HELMET USED FOR FITTING AT THE SHOEI STAND AT THE NEC
THIS HAS MINOR MARKS AND NO CHIN CURTAIN
Equipped with many of SHOEI’s top features while keeping functionality efficient and to the point, the all-new RYD is anything but “entry level”. Boasting a compact, aerodynamic shell design along with sharp and aggressive styling, the RYD has a progressive look all of its own. Exceptional airflow, an advanced shield system, and a fully removable liner allow the RF-SR to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort is your jam. The RYD–Streamlined functionality and affordability with premium SHOEI quality.
- Advanced short-distance street performance and long-distance touring comfort
- Compact, aerodynamic shell design with sharp and aggressive styling
- Optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components reduce unwanted road noise
- Matte black ventilation components enhance aggressive styling
- Streamlined function and affordability
Fine-tuned in SHOEI’s state-of-the-art wind tunnel to optimize the important balance between airflow and a quiet ride, the RYD is equipped with three (3) adjustable air intakes and two (2) exhaust outlets to help customize your ventilation in every condition.
- Large lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves
- Two upper air vents for optimal air intake
- Two uniquely-positioned upper exhaust vents for improved negative pressure suction
- Wind-tunnel optimized to balance enhanced airflow and silence
The RYD’s visor system provides a vast field of vision that rivals helmetless peripheral, features innovative ribs to improve rigidity and eliminate bending, and facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before.
- Protects from 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision
- Innovative ribs on top and bottom edge improve rigidity and eliminate bending
- Advanced shield locking mechanism
- Comes equipped with Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system
Base Plate System
- Facilitates quick and smooth shield changes
- SHOEI’s patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Strengthened springs for more precise functionality
- Innovative five-stage rotating dial for shield/base plate fine-tuning
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first and second layers of defense, which is precisely why the RYD features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ shell and Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner.
- Proprietary technology integrates a multi-ply matrix
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- SHOEI’s strongest, lightest, most elastic shell
Dual-Layer/Multi-Density EPS Liner
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
- 4 Shell Sizes – Best fitting, minimal weight
Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS)
- Allows emergency medical personnel to safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider’s head with minimal load placed on his/her neck
The RYD is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable interior system that’s been enhanced for a comfortable fit and maximum helmet stabilization during high-speed riding.
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head
- Multi-layer cheek pads available in multiple sizes for improved comfort and helmet stabilization