Shoei RYD – Gloss White
THIS WAS A HELMET USED FOR FITTING AT THE SHOEI STAND AT THE NEC
THIS HAS MINOR MARKS AND A DIRTY HELMET BAG. (POP THAT IN THE WASHING MACHINE IF YOU NEED TO)
Equipped with many of SHOEI’s top features while keeping functionality efficient and to the point, the all-new RYD is anything but “entry level”. Boasting a compact, aerodynamic shell design along with sharp and aggressive styling, the RYD has a progressive look all of its own. Exceptional airflow, an advanced shield system, and a fully removable liner allow the RF-SR to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort is your jam. The RYD–Streamlined functionality and affordability with premium SHOEI quality.
- Advanced short-distance street performance and long-distance touring comfort
- Compact, aerodynamic shell design with sharp and aggressive styling
- Optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components reduce unwanted road noise
- Matte black ventilation components enhance aggressive styling
- Streamlined function and affordability
Fine-tuned in SHOEI’s state-of-the-art wind tunnel to optimize the important balance between airflow and a quiet ride, the RYD is equipped with three (3) adjustable air intakes and two (2) exhaust outlets to help customize your ventilation in every condition.
- Large lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves
- Two upper air vents for optimal air intake
- Two uniquely-positioned upper exhaust vents for improved negative pressure suction
- Wind-tunnel optimized to balance enhanced airflow and silence
The RYD’s visor system provides a vast field of vision that rivals helmetless peripheral, features innovative ribs to improve rigidity and eliminate bending, and facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before.
- Protects from 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision
- Innovative ribs on top and bottom edge improve rigidity and eliminate bending
- Advanced shield locking mechanism
- Comes equipped with Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system
Base Plate System
- Facilitates quick and smooth shield changes
- SHOEI’s patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Strengthened springs for more precise functionality
- Innovative five-stage rotating dial for shield/base plate fine-tuning
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first and second layers of defense, which is precisely why the RYD features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ shell and Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner.
- Proprietary technology integrates a multi-ply matrix
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- SHOEI’s strongest, lightest, most elastic shell
Dual-Layer/Multi-Density EPS Liner
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
- 4 Shell Sizes – Best fitting, minimal weight
Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS)
- Allows emergency medical personnel to safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider’s head with minimal load placed on his/her neck
The RYD is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable interior system that’s been enhanced for a comfortable fit and maximum helmet stabilization during high-speed riding.
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head
- Multi-layer cheek pads available in multiple sizes for improved comfort and helmet stabilization